Incisive Media and Professional Pensions are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit: https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/
• All waste food is bagged in special marked bags, which is then composted by a waste contractor
• Energy efficient LED lighting is used where possible
• Bike storage is in available in the venue car park
• All paper, cardboard, glass and plastics are separated for recycling
• Where possible the venue exceeds legislation and regulations by taking a proactive approach and promoting a culture of environmental awareness
• The venue has a dedicated CSR Team with representatives from all departments meeting on a regular basis
• The venue monitor energy use weekly and have implemented a number of initiatives to achieve energy reduction such as LED lighting, occupancy sensors and the installation of energy efficient pumps and motors
• The venue have driven a series of initiatives to achieve water reduction, installing water saving devices throughout the hotel
• The venue has achieved a zero landfill status
Professional Pensions' promise:
• Any signage at the event will be made with materials that can be recycled or are reusable
• All professional printing is printed on FSC-certified paper which is typically composed of virgin tree fibers and is guaranteed to be from sustainable forests so the health of the forest is maintained.